- Microfinance banking
- School uniforms/shoes
- Completion of high School/college degree
- Building a home
- Health initiatives like vaccinations, medicine for family members, lifestyle education on nutrition and cognitive skills, or educating girls about safe childbirth practices in disadvantaged communities
- Global Girls Leadership Ambassador Program
The Global Girls Leadership Program prepares today’s girls for tomorrow’s challenges and opportunities by promoting individual growth and development through exposure, education, enlightenment, and engagement. Exposure includes field trips, camp outings, travel abroad, workshops, and conferences. Education includes work on health, nutrition, violence prevention, social/emotional skill development, careers, and technology. Enlightenment includes awareness of the world at large and our connection to it as well as awareness of individual talents and skills and how to further develop those skills. Engagement encompasses activism around issues faced by girls as well as participation in youth-driven, socially conscious theater that investigates and stages performance pieces based on girls’ issues and concerns. Our programs not only equip girls with communication, leadership, and life skills but also educate the girls on violence, nutrition, and community involvement and then train them as spokespersons for other girls and their issues. We create performance pieces based on the girls’ issues and concerns, which are then presented to audiences of all ages. We work with girls in community and school settings and in partnership with other organizations.
In addition, the following programs are tailored to the ages and developmental levels, from teenagers to young women.
- Financial management
- Childhood development
- Global systems navigation tools
- Conflict resolution skills
- Family resource building capacity
- Articulating rights and exercising identity
- Leadership and corporate equity awareness
Your dollar value can also help a woman in need to obtain the following services:
- Multicultural legal services
- Immigrant and refugee counseling
- Multicultural children’s advocacy
- Refugee case management services
- Multicultural youth substance abuse prevention
- Support technology education and awareness initiatives as vocational training for women
- Sponsor positive media change or the Print Awareness Initiative
- Sponsor and choose one topic for an empowerment talk show that broadcast nationally
- Offer your expertise in addition to sponsorship, and get visibility for your company through advocacy
- Print materials that will help immigrants learn about enriching resources and help/assistance to become productive members of US society
- College and scholarship guides on how to apply for scholarships
- Resource facilitation guide for special needs children and their families to promote and support groups and introduce them to professional therapists and counselors
Your company or organization can sponsor culturally aligned approaches with lifelong learning tools. You can
- Build the capacity of government protection officers, police, service providers, civic leaders, family welfare workers, and self-help group members to counter violence against women.
- Assess government and civic initiatives to address violence against women and to identify and recommend policy approaches that help bridge gaps between ongoing initiatives and realities on the ground
- Become a best practices dissemination partner. Get your Company Certificate of Impact and Inspire Brand from WWGC, and become one of our TIME HONORED CHANGE PARTNERS.
- Support workshops, seminars and individual coaching programs for the Global Girl Leadership Program that, under the umbrella of WWGC, provide diversity training for schools, churches, corporations, leading health care providers, and law enforcement agencies.